Information sharing is a process through which team members collectively utilize their available informational knowledge/resources and make it available to their peers for a mutual learning experience. With the ever increasing demands to fulfilling business needs it becomes extremely important to stay ready and face any business challenge with relative ease. The situation gave us an idea to create a platform for peer Newgenites and it embarks the birth of Newgen Brown Bag Club.
What is Brown Bag?
Brown bag is a symbol for meals brought along by the attendees, or provided by the host. In the most part of the world, those are often packed in brown paper bags.
Brown Bag Session:
A brown bag seminar, session or lunch is generally a training or information session during a lunch break or during a non productive hour. Brown bag seminars normally run an hour or two. The aim is to use regular breaks, e.g. the lunch break, to share some information amongst the attendees in a voluntary and informal setting. It is often followed by a discussion on the topic. This is an interesting medium for knowledge management and internal communications.
Brown Bag Club Vision:
To create a platform for knowledge and information sharing amongst peer Newgenites.
To allow them to grow horizontally and vertically in all Newgen involved domains and practices.
To make the brown bag club reach at a level where it can be used by the peer Sales and Pre-sales teams to allow Clients/Prospective clients have a strong reference.
Objectives of the Club Sessions:
1. Creating an environment of peer learning
2. To share, what all information any member have on any domain and/or any process
3. To debate on the concepts, brushing your workflow processes, discuss about an upcoming product/technology/business and anything or everything
4. To polish your ideas on implementation, delivery methods etc
5. To improve the project management skills
6. To improve the communication skills of the members
7. To improve the inter-personal skills of the members
8. To create a knowledge vault of information
Outcomes/Benefits of the Club Sessions:
1. To deliver a much refined process workflow for Newgen Customers
2. Debating will clear the concepts and would invite fresh ideas and methodologies to polish up work
3. To learn about various domains and industries, this would allow the members to bridge any gap with ease
4. To expand horizontally and vertically across Newgen products and industries
5. Better customer facing and presentation skills
6. Information archival for future
Brown Bag Session – Conducting Procedure
1. Finalize the topic voluntarily between the members / Invite someone outside of the club to present
2. Finalize the date and time
3. Discuss about the expectations of the members for the incoming session
4. Share the expectations with the presenter
5. Ice Breaking – Member nomination
7. Information archival for future use. (Archive articles, White Papers, Case Studies, PPTs etc. )
Brown Bag Club Moderators:
• Sumit Sahdev
• Sumit Aggarwal
• Ranjan Kumar
• Sparsh Arora
• Gagandeep Madan
Brown Bag Session Schedule:
|1||Newgen Brown Bag Club||Sumit Sahdev||General||5-Jan-12||2:30-2:40 PM||D152 Conf room|
|2||SWIFT||Sumit Aggarwal||Banking||5-Jan-12||2:40-3:30 PM||D152 Conf room|
|3||Insurance||Sparsh Arora||Insurance||5-Jan-12||12:30-1:30 PM||VC Carpet Room|
Amit Maheshwari18th Nov 13 Posted a comment on Technology Enablers for Better eGovernance
Very Informative, Small and Crisp blog.
Nitin Khanna28th Oct 13 Posted a comment on Upgrading to next level of examination marking
Thanks for this informative post. A good read most definitely, and kudos for the good job! Keep it up!
Maharrey22nd Oct 13 Posted a comment on Dynamic Case Management – A Fusion of BPM, ECM and Business Analytics
Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the issues. It was definitely informative. Your website is useful. ...
Ezekiel Brooke22nd Oct 13 Posted a comment on Understanding the Basics of Customer Communication Management
Hey there, pretty good review, thanks for the tips!
|Upgrading to next level of examination marking|
Thanks for your generous comments. We can communicate through mail. My mail id is firstname.lastname@example.org Looking forward to hear ...